Dear Racers -
It is that time of year to get your entry in for the 2018 National Championship Air Races!
There are several items listed below to help with your entry/registration - as well as the link for the entry packet.
Entry information -
1) Entry deadline is June 15
2) Document deadline is June 22
4) Email subject line to include - Pilot name, Race Class, & Race #
Guidelines to help with the entry/registration process
The items listed below are the most common to overlook - it will save you time in the long runif you review the items below prior to submitting your documents.
If you have a medical,govt ID, aircraft registration, annual/condition inspection, or flight review that will expire prior to the races, please send me an email to advise me of when toexpect the updated document.
1) Medical Certificate
- Is it dated within the 6 month requirement for the Races? If not, when will new medical be completed?
- Is it signed?
- Is it a Class 1 or 2certificate?
2) Government ID
- is it current?
- Does it expire prior the races?
3) Annuals/Condition Inspections
- Is the sign-off date good through the races? If no - when will new annual/condition inspection be completed?
- Special Airworthiness Certificate Aircraft - Is the condition inspection signed off in accordance to the Operating Limitations (Op/Lims) of the aircraft?
4) Aircraft Registration
- is it current?
- Does it expire prior the races? If yes, send copy of new a/c registration once received,
5) Aircraft Registration, Airworthiness Certificate, and Operation Limitations
- Experimental Category Aircraft - Do the registration #’s and serial #’s match on the Aircraft Registration, Special Airworthiness Certificate and Operating Limitations?
-Standard Category Aircraft - Do the registration #’s and serial #’s match on the Standard Airworthiness Certificate, and Aircraft Registration?
5) Document Copies
- Are they clear and readable? Scanned copies (in color) are the best - not xerox copies (they are often too dark). If photos are taken of documents - verify they are not blurry before sending.
6) Document Identification Labels
- Do each of the documents being submitted include at least one or more of these identification labels? - pilot name, class and race#, or aircraft registration # (N# for
7) Safety Drawings
- must include a side and top view of aircraft.
- must include Class, Race #, and Aircraft registration # (N# for most).
- Does the drawing where the battery is? (if applicable)
- Does the drawing show where the fluids (oil, gas) are located?
- Does the drawing show where the canopy latch is in case of an emergency?
8) Aircraft Registered Owners
- Check the FAA website for how the owner(s) is/are listed.http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Inquiry.aspx for the aircraft you are flying.
- Do the names on the FAA registration match the owner information on the Release of Liability, Certificate of Insurance, and Aircraft Registration Certificate?
9) Flight Review
- flight review date - If your flight review expires prior to races, email copy of Flight Review sign-off once completed.
10) Pilot Certificate
- Is the back signed?
- Does it list the aircraft rating for aircraft you are flying - if applicable?
The 2018 NCAR application link is listed below -
Make sure you read ALL pages of the application carefully - don't skip any - as there is important information for you.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
I look forward to seeing you in September!
Director of Aviation Resources
Cell - 661-333-1001
Main - 775-972-6663
55thNational Championship Air Races
September 12-16, 2018